UPSC Prelims 2021: Questions from Agriculture
Total Number of Questions = **
Questions covered by Synopsis IAS Courses = **
Here are the UPSC Prelims 2021 questions and solutions for these subjects.
Q41. How is permaculture farming different from Conventional chemical farming?
- Permaculture farming discourages monocultural practices but in conventional chemical farming, monoculture practices are predominant.
- Coventional chemical farming can cause Increase in soil salinity but the occurrence of such phenomenon is not observed in permaculture farming.
- Coventional chemical farming is easily possible in semi-arid regions but permaculture farming is not so easily possible in such region.
- Practice of mulching is very important in permaculture farming but not necessarily so in conventional chemical farming.
Select the correct answer using the cords given below;
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 1,2 and 4
(c) 4 only
(d) 2 and 3
Q42. With reference to ‘palm oil’ considered the following statement?
- The palm oil tree is native to Southeast Asia.
- The palm oil is a raw material for some industries producing lipstick and perfumes.
- The palm oil can be used to produced biodiesel.
Which of statement given above are correct?
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
Q47. Among the following which on one is the least least water-efficient crop?
(c) Pearl Millet
(d) Red gram
Q49. In the context of India’s preparation of climate smart agriculture. Consider the following statements.
- The climate-smart village approach in India as a part of project led by the Climate Change, Agriculture and food security (CCAFS) an international research programme.
- The project (CCAFS) is carried out under consultative group on International Agriculture research (CGIAR) headquarter in France.
- The International Corps Research Institute for the semi-Arid tropic (ICRISAT) is India is one of the CGIR’s research centres.
Which of the statements given above are correct ?
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and 3
(d) 1,2 and 3