Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) [PHASE II]
- SBM – Gramin: Launched by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- To improve the general quality of life by promoting cleanliness, hygiene, and eliminating open defecation.
- Toilet access: ensuring that no one is left behind.
- To adopt sustainable sanitation practices.
- To develop community managed sanitation systems focusing on scientific solid waste management.
- ODF Plus: It includes ODF sustainability, and Solid and Liquid Waste Management (SLWM).
- To ensure effective SLWM in every Gram Panchayat.
- Funding: by converging different financing verticals.
- Fund sharing between Centre and States:
- 90:10 for North-Eastern, and Himalayan States, J&K
- 60:40 for other States
- 100:0 for other Union Territories.
- Funding norms for SLWM: changed to per capita basis in place of the number of households.
- Community Managed Sanitary Complex at village level: Financial assistance to Gram Panchayats is increased.
- The incentive of Rs.12,000/- for Individual Household Toilet to the newly emerging eligible households.
- New National Biogas and Organic Manure Programme (NNBOMP) scheme
- Sustainable Alternative Towards the Affordable Transportation (SATAT) Scheme for GOBAR-Dhan projects.
Swachh Manch web portal
- Launched under the SBM.
- Volunteering opportunities: to bring together every stakeholder under a common platform.
- pictorial evidence upload: citizens, participating organizations.
- To integrate the existing Swachhata App: to act as a citizens’ grievance redressal platform.
- It is a ranking exercise to assess rural and urban areas for their levels of cleanliness, and active implementation of Swachh Bharat mission.
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs in urban areas
- Ministry of Jal Shakti in rural areas.
- Quality Council of India (QCI): carrying out assessment.
- To encourage large scale citizen participation
- To create awareness
- To foster a spirit of healthy competition among towns and cities.
- 2020 Report: rankings based on the population categorization of cities, instead of releasing overall rankings.
Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra (RSK)
Under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
Journey of country from Satyagraha to Swachchagrah.
World’s largest behaviour change campaign.
Lancet Study on Population Trends
- The global population is projected to peak at 10 billion in 2064.
- Decline to 8.8 billion by 2100.
PM Street Vendor’s Atma Nirbhar Nidhi scheme
- Launched by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- SIDBI: Implementation Agency.
- SIDBI will manage the credit guarantee to the lending institutions.
- through Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE).
Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
- Launched by the Employee’s State Insurance (ESI).
- To financially support those who lost their jobs for whatsoever reasons due to changing employment pattern.
- Eligibility criteria is relaxed.
PM Employment Generation Program (PMEGP)
- A central sector scheme; by the Ministry of MSME.
- It is a credit-linked subsidy scheme: It promotes self-employment through setting up of micro-enterprises.
- Subsidy up to 35% is provided for loans up to ₹25 lakhs in manufacturing and ₹10 lakhs in the service sector.
- At State Level- State Khadi and Village Industries Boards (KVIBs), District Industries Centres (DICs) and banks.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) at National Level.
- Next Generation Start-up Challenge Contest.
- Launched by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- To boost startups and software products with special focus on Tier-II towns.
Great Andamanese tribes
- They speak the Jeru dialect.
- 5 PVTGS of Andamans: Great Andamanese, Jar was, Onges, Shompens, and North Sentinelese.
- Population:51. COVID-19 positive: 10
Digital Quality of Life Index
Released by Surfshark, a virtual private network (VPN) provider based in the British Virgin Islands.
- Internet affordability and quality
- Electronic infrastructure
- security and government
SKOCH Gold Award
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs has received it.
- For the “Empowerment of Tribals through IT-enabled Scholarship Schemes project.
- SKOCH Awards: highest civilian honor in the country conferred by an independent organization.
Smart India Hackathon 2020
- To provide students with a platform to solve some of the pressing problems people face in daily lives.
- Organised by: MHRD, AICTE,Persistent Systems and i4c.
- mygov.in is the GoI’s citizen engagement and crowdsourcing platform.
- Kerala’s programme for teaching tribal children in their mother tongue.
- It is an innovation-driven and impact-focused initiative.
- To identify, test, and scale Indian innovations that address global development solutions.
- Public-Private Partnership: Department of Science and Technology, FICCI, USAID, UK