Global Nutrition Targets, 2012
Six global targets by World Health Assembly (WHA), that by 2025 aim to:
- 40% reduction under-5 stunted children (low height for age)
- Less than 5% of childhood wasting (low weight for height).
- 50% reduction of anemia in women of reproductive age.
- 30% reduction in low birth weight.
- No increase in childhood overweight.
- Exclusive breastfeeding in the first 6 months up to 50%
Global Nutrition Report, (GNR) 2020
- To assess the progress of 2025 Global Nutrition Targets.
- It aims to end malnutrition in all its forms.
- It is a multi-stakeholder initiative
- India is likely to miss global nutrition targets by 2025.
Global Network Against Food Crises (GNAF)
- An international alliance to address the root causes of extreme hunger.
- Founded at World Humanitarian Summit, 2016.
- Founded by European Union, FAO, and World Food Programme (WFP)
- Released Global Report on Food Crises, 2020.
State Food Safety Index
- Released by FSSAI
- On World Food Safety Day (June 7).
State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020
- SOFI, 2020: released by FAO.
- Other bodies: International Fund for Agricultural Development, UNICEF, World Food Programme, and WHO.
- It presents the global estimates of the extent of hunger, food insecurity, and malnutrition.
BHOG: Blissful Hygienic Offering to God
- To encourage Places of Worship (POW) to adopt food safety and hygiene.
- To convey food safety messages through such places.
Eat Right Movement
- To combat negative nutritional trends to fight lifestyle diseases
- To improve public health in India
Hygiene Rating Scheme
- An online rating process.
- Informed choices to consumers about the places of dining out.
- A disease resulting from fluoride deposition in the hard and soft tissues of body.
- Due to excess intake of fluoride through drinking water or food products.
- to promote science-based food safety.
- launched by FSSAI and CHIFSS (CII-HUL Initiative on Food Safety Sciences).
Heart Attack Rewind
- To support FSSAI’s global target of eliminating transfat by 2022.
- First mass media campaign of its kind.