- PVTG from Odisha.
- Follows a matriarchal society.
- They still continue to speak in their language, Remo.
- Ethnic group inhabiting in India and Pakistan.
- Descendants of Africans: brought to India as slaves, soldiers or servants.
- Religion: They are primarily Sufi Muslims. some are Hindus and Roman Catholic Christians.
- News: it has got the first representative in the Karnataka State legislature.
- One of the largest tribes in the world.
- Mostly found in Chhindwara district of MP, Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, Central India, etc.
- They believe that earth, water, and air are ruled by Gods.
Kandha (Kondhs) tribes
- Primarily located in Kandhamal district in Odisha, Central and East India.
- Livelihood: Hunting and gathering, subsistence agriculture i.e. shifting cultivation.
- They are located primarily in Maharashtra and in some places of Gujarat.
- one of the 75 PVTGs, as per the classification by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Market Giloy through PM Van Dhan Yojana run by TRIFED.