20-20 and 50-50 Series 2021
- Extremely High Yielding topics for Prelims.
- You can expect 20 to 40+ questions directly from these topics, and at least 50 questions indirectly. [Kindly remember that the cut-off itself is approx. 50%.]
- Why such a high Hit rate in Prelims: Simple! These topics are made from UPSC Previous year papers. UPSC invariably asks these topics in Prelims for past 40+ years.
- Total number of topics: Approx. 100 (1-3 pages notes)
- 20-20 meaning: Approx 20-25 topics. These are some small topics- Time to revise = approx. 20 minutes.
- 50-50 meaning: Approx 50 topics. These are relatively larger topics- Time to revise = approx. 40-50-60 minutes.
- This course, along with 5 Basic books, and Synopsis IAS Current Affairs Programme would be a decisive step for your Prelims.
- Read Description for topic list.
01. Modern History
- British Policies: White racism; Social and Cultural Policy; Economic Policy; Land Tenure; Relation with Indian States; Foreign Policy; Policy for Local Bodies; Police Reforms; Army Reforms; Judicial Reforms; Civil Service Reforms; Education Policy; Policy for Press;
- British Policies: Constitutional Development
- Indian Response to British Policies: Trade Union; Peasant Revolt; Tribal and Civil Uprising.
- Social Reform Movement: Name of Person; Organisation; Published Book/ Ideology.
- Congress Sessions: Year; Location; President; Moto.
- Freedom Struggle: Event; Personality; Chronology.
02. Art and Culture
- Ancient and Medieval: Important terms -one-liner. Includes Society and Administration.
- Ancient and Medieval: Map, Capital, Port, and Rivers separating territory.
- Vijaynagara Empire
- Indian Literature
- Indian Philosophy including Hinduism as a Religion.
- Religion: Buddhism, Jainism, Bhaktism and Sufism.
- Rock-cut Architecture
- Travelers and their accounts.
- GI Tags.
- Tribes, with especial emphasis on PVTGs
- Heritage: Intangible Heritage, World Heritage Sites
- Miscellaneous Topics like Jhum; water-storing; viticulture etc. etc.
03. Science and Technology
- Nuclear Technology
- Defence Technology
- Space Technology: ISRO – PSLV; GSLV; Orbits.
- Computers and IT.
- IPR issues.
04. Internal Security
- Indian Missile Program
- Indian Navy: Aircraft Carriers,Naval Ships, Submarines.
- Current Affairs: UAVs, Weapons, Aircrafts.
- Military Exercises: Army, Navy, and Air.
- Military Negotiations: Members (learn exceptions); India is a member?; Aim and Specific Terms.
- Nuclear and Space: Integrate it with Science and Technology.
- Environmental Bodies: HQ; Aim; India is a member.
- Treaty/Protocol: Origin; India is a member?; Objective. (8-10)
- Indian Environment Laws: Like Air act, Water Act etc. (6-70)
- Environmental Funds: Who; India is a member?; for whom/objective. For Example Green Climate Fund
- Species: Protection Status (IUCN and Indian); Geographical distribution; State Bird/Animal.
- Type of Pollutants: 2 NAQI
- One Compilation to replace Shankar IAS.
06. Maps (Location and Description)
- Biomes and Climate: World
- Natural Vegetation of India; not climate.
- Protection Areas: Biosphere Reserves (18); National Parks; Tiger Reserves; Wildlife Sanctuaries; Ramsar Sites
- Soils of India: ICAR-8; not World.
- Southeast Asia; West Asia
- Lines: (3 + 2 + 2): Countries; Cities; Seas/ Oceans.
- Maps of India: Topic-wise
- National Waterways
- Previous Year Questions: Very Important
07. International Relations
- International Grouping (Multilateral): Member (India); Headquarter (if any). For Example SCO, RCEP.
- International Organisations (Global): Headquarter; India is a Member; objective/ Moto. For Example UNSC.
- Indices and Reports: Who; Components. (not Rank)
- International Fiance: Members (India); Share of members (a>b>…); Headquarter; Objective. [Learn only 4 multilateral financial institution– NDB, AIIB, World Bank, IMF.
- International agreements: like P5+1, BTIA, Nuclear deals, banking deals, child, labor, corruption, terrorism etc.
- Transport Corridor: Declaration; Member countries; Multi-Model; Energy grids.
- West Asia: Important terms in news. For example: Two State Solution
- Monetary Policy: Components and Definition
- Budget: Components and Definition
- BOP: Components and Definition
- National Income: GDP; Inflation.
- Economics Survey: 15- 20 terms every year.
- Indices: Who releases what? E.g CSO- WPI, CPI etc.
Note: Economy, for this course, has approx. 30 pages notes. This subject coincides with current affairs and with Geography.
09. Polity and Governance
- Decentralization: 5th and 6th Schedule; Union Territory; Local Bodies (Panchayats and Municipalities).
- Constitutional and non-constitutional bodies.
- Ministry/department: Structure ; Policy/scheme (which ministry, Target Group/ Year).
- Committees and Commissions