- All attitudes which have their base in moral conviction are known as moral attitude.
- Moral convictions is the Meta-cognition for reflection of own fundamental beliefs.
- A person with good personality radiates moral values if he is humble, true, honest and affectionate.
- Include moral judgment such as right or wrong.
- Depends upon: cultural level, individual level and situation level, society, religion and educational institute.
- Some of the great scholars like Socrates or Plato upheld moral values and moral attitude at any cost- better to suffer injustice than to commit it.
Qualities of Moral Attitudes:
- Reverence (श्रद्धा): Attitude of great respect towards others who touched them from within.
- Faithfulness: Being loyal to some person, thing or value consistently, regardless of external situations.
- Veracity (सच्चाई): Fidelity; that is the basis of whole moral life.
- Goodness: the quality of being good. It is the central characteristics of moral values.
Among the different moral values, there is none which represents more completely the entire reign of mora
- It is the attitude towards political stakeholders and perspectivesg. politicians, political parties or political ideologies.
The understanding about political institutions, politicians and voting behaviour, difference between private and public authority etc. is the key aspect of political attitude.
Factors that shape political attitude:
- Family: The first and foremost factor.
- Religion: Association to religious values reflects in shaping distinct political attitudes from everyone else.
- Race and Ethnicity: g. African Americans are affiliated to Democratic Party.
- Gender: g. women generally tend to vote liberal parties as they want equal rights, equal pay, more opportunities etc.
- Certain personality traits: g. Extraversion, agreeableness, Emotional stability, openness to experience, Conscientiousness (कर्त्तव्य निष्ठा) etc.
Agents of political attitude formulation:
- Interpersonal agencies: family, peer groups.
- Organizations: schools, religious institutions and workplaces.
- Mass media: newspaper, TV and radio.
- Specialized political structures: the legislature, the executive, courts and the bureaucracy
Positive political attitude leads to: zero tolerance toward corruption, pro-poor, welfare for the weak, resolving grievances, political liberalism etc.
Negative political attitude leads to: regionalism, communalism, polarization, political conservatism, political radicalism etc.