Sujni and Kantha
- Needle-craft tradition of Bihar.
- Both have GI tags.
- Ultra-thin paper of Japan.
- UNESCO intangible cultural heritage.
Strait of Hormuz
Project 75 (I)
- Refer defense technology 20-20 Series.
Polavaram Dam, Godavari River
- Under construction multi-purpose National project
- in the West Godavari and East Godavari Districts in Andhra Pradesh.
Kaleshwaram Dam, Godavari River
- world’s largest multistage multipurpose lift irrigation project.
- In Kaleshwaram village, Bhoopalpally district, Telangana.
Narrow spectrum antibiotic
- It is used against few microorganisms like bacteria. E.g. Penicillin
- Broad spectrum antibiotics can be used against more than one kind of bacterium.
Red line campaign
- It is Anti-Microbial Resistance awareness campaign.
- Medicine strips with Red Line.
- First mentioned in the
- Details by Patanjali in Patanjali yoga Sutra
- International Yoga Day: 21st June
Vocab and Key-words
- Revivalist: पुनरुत्थानवादी. Who works for restoring previous culture, religious practices etc.
- Revered: प्रतिष्ठित
- Platitude: तुच्छता
- Contemplate: विचार करना
- Fiscal discipline
- Unprecedented build-up of military infrastructure.
- Political retreat
- Iron hand
- Dalit entrepreneurship
- Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR): Ability of a microbe to resist the effects of medicine.
- “It is a microorganism’s resistance to an antimicrobial drug that was once able to treat an infection by that microorganism.” – WHO
- Superbugs are resistant to all medicines.
- Over-the-counter sale (OTC sale) – of medicine: self-medication
(a) Topics for Mains
- Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR)
- GDP calculation methodology
(b) Facts and Fodder
- 100 Days Action Plan
- Give it up scheme for reducing subsidy
- Cross subsidization: Railways recover only 53% cost incurred from passenger transport
Melting of Himalayan glaciers
- Data comparison of cold war era spy satellites with modern stereo satellites.
- Himalayan glaciers have lost more than 25% since 1975.
- Melting increased twice after 2000.