TARGET TOP RANKS
Validity: Till Prelims of next year
OPTIONAL COURSE INFO
Optionals: From Basic to Advanced
Course Duration for each optional: 100 Hours. Number of Pages: Approx. 1/3rd of the market.
IAS, IFS and NET JRF
Course completion date: 45 days before Mains
UPSC Prelims Syllabus
- Current Events of National and International Importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- Comprehension; Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills.
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving.
- General Mental Ability.
- Basic Numeracy (Numbers and their Relations, Orders of Magnitude, etc.) (Class X level).
- Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level).
- Biotechnology – Genetic Engineering – Processes and Applications
- Atomic Theory – Structure of an Atom
Synopsis IAS Optional courses cover the subjects for UPSC in most comprehensive and lucid manner, which is helpful for the prestigious UPSC IAS and IFS Examinations.
A Scientific and Redefined Way to Learn Optionals: All the UPSC Optional Subjects Online Coaching Courses are divided into two Levels
- Free course: These are free Lectures available on YouTube or at our online learning portal.
- Advanced Courses (Registered users): It covers full syllabus.
Features of advanced courses
- The content development team and faculty members for all the optionals are the subject matter experts, and not the amateur aspirants.
- Advanced lectures: These include applied part and in depth-learning for all major topics. These are not available at YouTube.
- Study Material: Lecture content is available for registered students in PDF format.
- No book needed: For making content, we start with NCERTs, and refer standard text books, reference books, research papers and journals. We update the optional content with current affairs.
- Personalized student dashboard: Registered Students get a Personalized student dashboard with a login password. You can watch the lectures anywhere, anytime. You can also track studies through realtime course progress.
- Answer Writing Practice: There are extensive answer writing sessions exactly based on UPSC pattern. Kindly note that evaluation is not part of the Classroom course. Evaluation is available for test series students.
- Model Answers: You will get model answers to the previous year questions, expected questions etc.
- Expert Support: You will get Doubt clearance Sessions via mail, chat, or phone, as and when required.
- Offline centre Support at Delhi.
- Two-way feedback: We take students’ feedback seriously. We can remove or replace faculties if the feedback is not good.
Our Methodology for content Development
We are a content-based coaching. We spend 6-8 hours for a 20-30 minute lecture to provide you the most comprehensive and Synoptic content for UPSC IAS (Indian Administrative Services) and IFS (Indian Forest Services).
Our Approach- Syllabus and previous year papers are the Key!
- It is a well-established fact that at least 80-90% of questions are repeated directly or indirectly in UPSC Optional Papers.
- Considering this fact, the content is made while considering two parameters: UPSC Syllabus Plus Previous Year Question Papers.
- Our classroom lectures, content, and test Series are based on UPSC pattern.
- The Optional content is made from standard textbooks and references, research papers, and Journals. This requires years of learning and understanding of the subjects.
- Minimum Content: 30% of the market. No garbage material. No other institute is even closer to us in content.
- The content development team and faculty members are not the amateur UPSC aspirants. For optionals, we have subject matter experts from pioneer universities of India like JNU, Jamia Millia, Delhi University, AMU among others.