Functions: It makes Health Policies.
- National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO): Project Sunrise à NE India, for AIDS
- 13 National Health Programmes
- Revised National TB Control Programme (tuberculosis)
- Universal Immunisation Programme
- Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI)
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organization
- Population Research Centres (PRCs)
- National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NIHFW), Delhi
- International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai. It releases National Family Health Survey
- Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi. It was founded in 1911, one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.
- To bring modern health technologies through research and innovations
- R&D related to diagnosis, treatment methods and vaccines
- To translate them into products and processes and,
- To introduce these innovations into public health system.