Hello. I am Krishna, and author of this article. I have appeared in the UPSC CSE thrice. Despite not being in the final list, my score for Essay is above average, and it has been consistent.
The score is
- 2018 : 150
- 2017: 149
- 2016: 138
Click here to read my essays
Essay module is part of 2020 Batch Synopsis. We will discuss extensively about art of essay writing.
I am not very good in English Grammar or vocabulary. It is well known fact that no-one, including AIR-1, can guarantee consistency. Still I scored consistently. The main factors I could recall are:
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
- Wrote more than 30 essays. Not from any test series, but UPSC previous year topics.
- Made ready made templates and implemented those. e.g. introduction, conclusions, flow of essay etc.
- Prepared key-phrases instead of key-words.
- Used quotes as concluding remark of most of the paragraphs.
- Extensive discussion in closed friend circle for each and every word, line, theme, idea etc.