20-20 and 50-50 Series 2020
20-20 and 50-50 Series
Out of stock
20-20 and 50-50 Series 2020
Out of stock
This course includes:
- High Yielding topics for Prelims.
- You can expect 20 to 40+ questions from these topics, directly and indirectly.
- UPSC invariably asks these topics in Prelims for past 40+ years.
- Total number of topics: Approx. 70-80 (1-3 pages notes)
- 20-20: Approx 20-25 topics. These are some small topics- Time to revise = approx. 20 minutes.
- 50-50: Approx 50 topics. These are relatively larger topics- Time to revise = approx. 40-50-60 minutes.
- This course, along with 5 Basic books, and “The Hindu and Indian Express” Course would be a decisive step for your Prelims.
Maps (Location and Description)
- Biomes and Climate: World
- Natural Vegetation of India; not climate.
- Biosphere Reserves (18); National Parks; Tiger Reserves; Wildlife Sanctuaries;
- Ramsar Sites
- Southeast Asia; West Asia
- Lines: (3 + 2 + 2): Countries; Cities; Seas/ Oceans.
- Soils of India: ICAR-8; not World.
- Maps of India
- National Waterways
- Previous Year Questions: Very Important
- IUCN: Status; Geographical distribution; State Bird/Animal.
- Treaty/Protocol: Origin; India is a member?; Objective. (8-10)
- Indian Environment Laws: Like Air Act, Water Act, etc. (6-70
- Funds: Who; India is a member?; for whom/objective. For Example Green Climate Fund
- Type of Pollutants: 2 NAQI
- Environmental Bodies: HQ; Aim; India is a member.
- Three Compilations to replace Shankar IAS.
- International Grouping: Member (India); Headquarter (if any)
- Indices and Reports: Who; Components. (not Rank)
- International Banks: Members (India); Share of members (a>b>…); Headquarter; Objective. [Learn only 4 multilateral financial institutions– NDB, AIIB, World Bank, IMF.
- International agreements: like P5+1, BTIA, Nuclear deals, banking deals, child, labor, corruption, terrorism, etc.
- Transport Corridor: Declaration; Member countries; Multi-Model.
- West Asia: Important terms in news. For example Two-State Solution
- International Organisations: Headquarters; India is a Member; objective/ Moto. For Example UNSC.
6 To 10 pages notes; maximum current affairs. [coincides with Geography]
- Monetary Policy: Components and Definition
- Budget: Components and Definition
- BOP: Components and Definition
- National Income: GDP; Inflation.
- Economics Survey: 15- 20 terms every year.
- Indices: Who releases what? E.g CSO- WPI, CPI, etc.
- Ministry/department: Structure ; Policy/scheme.
- Policy/scheme: Which ministry; Target Group/ Year.
- Polity: 5th and 6th Schedule; Union Territory; 73rd And 74th Constitutional Amendment.
Science and Technology
- BARC (Nuclear)
- DRDO (Defence)
- ISRO – PSLV; GSLV; Orbits.
- Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Computers, and IT.
- IPR issues
- Indian Missile Program
- Aircraft Carriers
- Naval Ships
- Current Affairs: UAVs, Weapons, Aircraft.
- Military Exercises: Army, Navy, and Air.
- Military Negotiations: Members (learn exceptions); India is a member?; Aim and Specific Terms.
- Nuclear and Space: Integrate it with Science and Technology.
- Ancient and Medieval: Important terms one-liner.
- Ancient and Medieval: Map, Capital, Port, and Rivers separating territory.
- Freedom Struggle: Event; Personality; Chronology.
- British Policy: White racism; Social and Cultural Policy; Economic Policy; Land Tenure; Relation with Indian States; Foreign Policy; Policy for Local Bodies; Police Reforms; Army Reforms; Judicial Reforms; Civil Service Reforms; Education Policy; Policy for Press;
- British Policy: Constitutional Development
- Indian Response: Trade Union; Peasant Revolt; Tribal and Civil Uprising.
- Social Reform Movement: Name of Person; Organisation; Published Book/ Ideology.
- Congress Sessions: Year; Location; President; Moto.
Art and Culture
Will cover in 30-35 pages
Sculpture. Architecture (Stupa, Temple, Cave, Mughal, British). Painting: Mural, Miniature, British. Dances: Classical -8; Folk Dances. Theatre. Pottery. Coin and Currency. Symbols (Calendar Rock edicts). Literature: Name, Time. Puppet- 4. Music: Hindustani, Carnatic, Folk. Religion: Buddhism + Jainism + Hinduism + Sufism + Bhaktism. Society. Administration. Travelers.
- Tribes, with especial emphasis on PVTGs
- Intangible Heritage
- World Heritage Site
- Jhum; water-storing; viticulture etc.
- Registered Students get a Personalized student dashboard with a login password.